This will probably be one of the only times on this blog that I ever brag about my talents (or lack thereof) in the kitchen, but I really feel like this is a recipe worth sharing.
I use the term “salad” loosely, because the amount of lettuce (well, arugula) that actually goes into this concoction is minimal at best, but I think that’s what makes it so delicious. Just a quick overview of what you’ll need:
- A healthy spoonful or two of cous cous at the bottom (we usually use this kind). We’ve also used quinoa too, and that works just as well.
- A couple handfuls of arugula/kale/spinach
- Chopped: bell peppers (red, green, and yellow), cucumbers, avocado, and my boyfriend for some stupid reason ruins it with tomato too
- 1 cooked sweet potato (I usually add a little bit of butter to it)
- Top it off with feta cheese and some pepper
- If you’re feeling crazy and ambitious you can add meat to it. Sticking with that whole minimal effort movement, we sometimes spice it up with a rotisserie chicken
I’ve found that this is the PERFECT meal to have after working out. It not only requires little-to-no effort to prepare (crucial for when you have RUNGER) but it’s also so healthy and filling that it gears you up for a speedy and efficient recovery.
What’s your go-to meal after a run/workout?
I love simple, one dish meals like this! Thanks for sharing!
That sound looks really good, I especially love the avocado and sweet potato.
Opps, meant *salad not sound!
You learned to cook from the master 😉